The Council implements a number of programs to continue improvement in the Mill Creek Watershed.
Council Work Groups
The Council has work groups to help address specific areas of concern in the Mill Creek Watershed.
Water Resources Committee – areas of focus include:
- Stream restoration/greenway development
- Water quality
- Data collection
- Flood damage reduction
- Mill Creek Valley Conservancy District coordination
- Storm water management
- Funding opportunities
Development Committee – areas of focus include:
- Increasing membership and building the Duke Energy Corporate Partner Program
- Building Foundation support
- Investigating broader, watershed-wide initiatives to secure long-term sources of revenue that permanently fund Council operations
Recreation Committee – areas of focus include:
- Revision the Mill Creek as an asset that offers recreational opportunities in form of fishing, paddling, cycling, birding, native flora, etc.
- Further efforts to develop recreational amenities
- Implement Corporate Stewardship events (floats, cleanups, etc.)
If you are interested in joining a Council work group, contact: email@example.com, or (513) 563-8800.
The Council is actively promoting the installation of rain gardens and green design to address storm water quantity and quality concerns. Rain gardens are a simple and effective way to filter excess pollutants from storm water before it flows into storm sewers and into our creeks and rivers. Rain gardens also promote filtration of rain water into the ground thus increasing local ground water supply and reducing the amount of water that needs to be carried by our storm sewers.