Our Featured Project: Wildermuth Stream & Wetland Restoration
In 2004, this West Chester Township parcel was identified as a priority project area in the Upper Mill Creek Watershed Action Plan. Wildermuth was designed to provide enhanced flood storage, reduce nutrient loads, and improve wildlife habitat and water quality. Construction wrapped up in November 2014 to offset problems associated with development, channelization and in-stream erosion.
Proposed future uses for the property include a stream side recreational trail. Newly installed in-stream structures and improvements to the riparian corridor enhance water quality and provide habitat for desirable aquatic and terrestrial wildlife.
- 22-acres of restored floodplain
- 1,800 linear feet of restored stream
- 2,300 linear feet of floodplain pilot channel
- Improved habitat with native wetland plants
- Water level control structure
- Vernal pools