Twin Creek Preserve can be seen from I-275 West after the Mosteller Road exit. This stream restoration project is located in Sharonville, Ohio. Stroll the 0.5 mile loop trail and enjoy beautiful views of birds, fish, butterflies and wildflowers.
Twin Creek Preserve
This once-vacant industrial parcel has been transformed into a 30-acre urban oasis that provides many benefits to the environment. We restored 4,300 feet of stream channel and created a 5-acre wetland to provide native habitat for flora and fauna, improve water quality and reduce flooding.
What is Twin Creek Preserve?
Twin Creek Preserve is a wetland construction and stream restoration project. It is located in the Upper Mill Creek (UMC) Watershed in Sharonville where the East Fork Mill Creek flows into the Mill Creek mainstem. This new stream-side park is a true example of what can be accomplished with the cooperation of many unique partners, $2.1 million worth of state and federal grant funding, and a little persistence. The Preserve provides critical stream and wetland habitat necessary for a broad array of aquatic organisms, and is home to thousands of native plants.
Twin Creek Preserve Before & After Photos
- 8-acre floodplain wetland
- Bio engineered stream banks with meandering bends
- Man made riffles and other in-stream features
- Stream side and wetland plantings with native species
- Scenic nature trail with interpretive signs
- Improved water quality
- Improved terrestrial and aquatic habitat
- Reduced flooding
- Recreational and educational opportunities
- 0.5-mile scenic loop trail
- Viewing platform
- Soccer fields
- Parking lot
- Educational signage
Address: 12033 Best Place, Sharonville, Ohio 45241
From I-75 North
Take I-75 North to I-275 East. Take the Mosteller Road exit; turn right on Mosteller Road. Turn left onto East Crescentville Road (Mosteller dead-ends into Crescentville). Turn left onto Best Place (less than 1/4 mile after turning onto E. Crescentville Road). Follow Best Place to the end of the drive; enter the driveway at the very end of Best Place. Twin Creek Presrve parking lot will be straight ahead.
From I-75 South
Take I-75 South to I-275 East. Take the Mosteller Road exit; turn right on Mosteller Road. Turn left onto East Crescentville Road (Mosteller dead-ends into Crescentville). Turn left onto Best Place (less than 1/4 mile after turning onto E. Crescentville Road). Follow Best Place to the end of the drive; enter the driveway at the very end of Best Place. Twin Creek Presrve parking lot will be straight ahead.
Need help finding Twin Creek Preserve? Call Annie for help with directions: (513) 401-0877
- March 2013 volunteer planting
- July 2012 volunteer maintenance days
- June 2012 Mill Creek Yacht Club canoe outing
- May 2012 site tour with Ohio EPA
- November 2011 volunteer planting
- November 2011 Grand Opening Ceremony
- September 2011 Lunch & Learn
- March 2011 Groundbreaking Ceremony
- Aerial photos
- Construction photos
Press & Media
- Voice of the Mill Creek – Twin Creek Preserve edition
- Mill Creek Main Stem opening into new stream channel, YouTube.com
- Mill Creek East Fork opening into new stream channel,YouTube.com
- “Sharonville Cuts Ribbon on Twin Creek Preserve” by Cincinnati.com
- “Mill Creek Dump Now a Park” by Cincinnati.com
- “Dirt Flies as Mill Creek Project Gets Flowing” by Cincinnati.com